Sunday, March 31, 2013

It Was Me!

Since I never got to posting on Good Friday, I thought I would post tonight. This Easter season, I have been feeling so thankful. God's love for me is so amazing, and it is something I never deserved or will deserve. On Friday, we were driving through San Antonio, and came across a huge crowd in front of a church, there was a reenactment of the crucifixion going on, and what was neat, was they had it timed out perfectly how it was in the Bible. We were driving pretty quickly, so I barely got a picture. Here's what I did get of it.
When we got home that night, I made a list on Spotify of Easter songs and listened to them. It was relaxing, and made me think of all Jesus went through for ME! All I can do it thank Him and praise Him! Of course, I can follow and obey Him too:) Today, we went to Bastrop for church, and Craig Martin had both services. This morning we read out of Matthew 27 & 28. The verse that really struck me was verse 46. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? We all recognize in this verse that even God, Jesus' father had forsaken him. I can't imagine if everyone, especially my own parents would forsake me. How lonely it must have felt and to be going through that pain at the same time! Then I realized, it was me. I was the one who caused that separation between Jesus and His heavenly father! How humbled I felt to realize, that it was me. I was the sin that separated God from His only begotten Son. How thankful I am too, though. I don't deserve to be forgiven, and I don't deserve eternal life, but it's an opportunity I am glad I didn't forsake. His love for me is so overwhelming, and amazing! I can't thank Him enough.

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment