Friday, March 29, 2013

In the beginning

Well, we arrived safely last night at around 10:30, but didn't get to our hotel at 11. We stayed at a Holiday Inn. It was pretty nice. I crashed pretty much when I hit my pillow, and didn't wake up once, so that was good. We woke up at around 8 and then got all packed up. The hotel didn't provide a continental breakfast, so we had to go out for breakfast. It was quite an ordeal. San Antonio is huge, and we are just some hooligans for the middle of Illinois, who aren't use to all the ramps and one-way streets. We ended up finding a really good restaurant called Jim's. I had a delicious Texas omelet. Then we went to the River walk, which is gorgeous. I'll post pictures of that later. We spent a little time there, but we are going back some other time this week. We arrived at our Bed and Breakfast at 2. Four words. I love it. It's old-fashioned. What's not to love? I have my own bedroom, and it has a door that opens into a wrap-around balcony. I love to sit on there and read my book. This is pretty much my dream house. So, I thought I would post a picture of it. Oh, and just to make you all a bit more jealous, it's in the 80s here:) Well, I hope you are all having a good week also.

No comments:

Post a Comment