Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The War Is On

Me vs. sickness. Currently, I am battling a bad head cold. Two weeks ago, everyone except Rhea and I got a pretty bad stomach flu. Mom got hit the worse, and was sick for about 4 days. It's pretty amazing how messy our house was during that time. Thankfully, I was on break, so I was able to help out a little. When I "help out" I just entertain Sophie:) I did actually make supper one night, which I hope was a help. I have been bragging about how I never got the stomach flu and then Saturday night I started feeling kind of icky. I woke up on Sunday, and decided that there was no way I was going to church. I'm glad I did. I went to school Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday night I noticed that my eye was getting red, so I showed Mom and she said it's probably pink eye so I needed to go to the doctor. This morning she called my doctor and the only time they had was at 9:50, but told me to get there as soon as I could so they could get me in earlier. So I went, and it wasn't pink eye. This is what I think my doctor told me it is. He said that I have a cold and that it moved to my sinuses. Something like that. So I guess that is what is wrong with my eyes. He prescribed an antibotic and eye drops and told me to take tylenol, decongestant, and eat cough drops. Oh, and drink coffee. I like that doctor:) Hot coffee that is, so that I can take in the steam to help with drainage. My head feels like it's going to explode or something. I can't even hear out of my ears. Claire also came down with it, although I don't think it is as bad as mine. I seem to have trouble with my sinuses and allergies. I'm not really exactly sure what the problem is. I am REALLY looking forward to the end of next week. Texas is sounding really nice:) Our family except Sophie is flying down next Thursday and will be there until Wednesday. We are staying at a Bed and Breakfast in San Antonio. We are going to Sea World one day, and there is a River Walk about 2 miles from where we are staying. We are also going to the Alamo and Fort Sam with Craig and Terri Martin's family. They are going down there to serve a rotation but also to visit their son Clint and his wife Jessica. My sisters are dreading going to the Alamo and Fort Sam. I'm kind of excited to go to Fort Sam, because both my Grandpas were stationed there when they were in the Army. I think both of Craig and Terri's fathers were also stationed there. I am really just looking forward to the warm weather. I am just not very fond of winter. I could do without it, but I shouldn't complain. Next week won't go by fast enough. I am excited for Tuesday, because one of my co-workers won this thing for a massage therapist to come in and also Avanti's for lunch, so I am coming into work after school to get a massage and maybe some lunch. I am pretty excited about that. There are lots of pluses to working at a bank, especially in Peoria. Well, I best get back to actually working. Hope you all are enjoying your first day of Spring today;) Haha. Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment