Monday, February 4, 2013

Stewardship


Last week, my best friend Amber changed her major. She was studying Social Work, but felt that God was leading her to something else, so she is now studying Child Development (same as me). It had me thinking whether or not I was studying the right thing. When I was praying what I should major in, God really didn’t give me any clear signs. I knew I didn’t want to go four years, and I knew I wanted to work with younger children. Child Development seemed like the most logical option to me, so that’s what I decided to major in. I felt pretty peaceful about it, and God never showed me anything else. Last night, I was really doubting, because I wanted to do what God called me to do, so I just prayed that He would show me if I was doing His will. I immediately opened up to Hebrews 13:20-21. Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. It was the perfect verse for me, and it really encouraged me that I was doing the right thing. Then tonight at church, Jim spoke briefly on stewardship. I have always thought of stewardship as taking care of and managing what God has given to us, which is true. I was thought of it in a more physical sense though. Then the Spirit really spoke to me, that I am a steward of doing God’s will. I need to be trying me best in school, because it is something he has given me. There are a lot of kids who I am sure do not have the money or ability to go to school. It was a pretty big revelation, and I pray I can keep that in perspective as I go to school.  There is so much opportunity at school as well. One thing that I think God really opened doors to was having break with my cousin Seth. It may seem really small and silly, but I hope and pray I am being a good light and example to him. At the beginning of last semester and this semester, I really prayed that God would let Seth and I have break together. It was obviously His will that we would, because both semesters so far we have had break together. I really struggle with not feeling like I am doing much for God with my relationship with Seth. I feel like I can’t get deep with him. Also, he is pretty stubborn, which I have heard that I am pretty stubborn myself. I laugh, because as we both are getting older, I feel like we are more a like. Lately, a lot of people have been telling me that we look a like. My biggest struggle is not knowing what to talk about. Maybe I also don’t really know how to talk to boys his age. I guess I am learning though. Pretty much we sit on our laptops the whole break, except for today he forgot his, so we had a really good talk. He is a great listener I must say. I could probably talk to him for hours and hours and he wouldn’t say a word. Sometimes, I think just being with him and he seeing my imperfections is part of the opportunity. I remember before I started repenting and even at the beginning, I thought that Christians were so perfect and I could never be like that, but I quickly learned it was not even close to that. We have so much to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment