Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Real-Book Review



*I received this book for Bethany House Publishers as part of their blogger review program*

In the book Real by Jamie Synder, he discusses his somewhat annoyance with Sundays. At first I was like, is this really ok? But the more I read, the more I completely agreed with him! It is somewhat frustrating that Sunday is called “the Lord’s day”. What about the rest of the days? Do we only serve him on Sunday? He deserves to have every day be called “the Lord’s day”! Snyder challenges us as Christians to be a 24/7 follower of Jesus. He said that he has seen so many so-called Christians use Sunday as a way to look the part, but they are not truly sold out for Jesus. How true that is! It becomes like a check off for some people. I often wonder, what if there wasn’t Sundays? Would people know that I was a Christian? This book challenged me in so many different ways, and it’s definitely a keeper. I highly recommend it to those who do use church as a check off to look good. The Christian life is so much more than church. It’s about living out the gospel 24/7! 

No comments:

Post a Comment