Thursday, January 23, 2014

Grateful


There was a recent circumstance that made me think about how ungrateful I really am. I have a really special friend who recently decided to not go back to school, because that is what she felt God wants her to do. Same situation as me. One difference is God hasn’t provided her with a job yet. It’s really discouraging for her to sit at home and do nothing, and she feels a burden to provide for herself. Reason #1 why I felt ungrateful: It is hard for her to see her friends have to pay for gas, rent, insurance, you name it, and she can’t because she doesn’t have the funds. I complain all.the.time about having to pay for stuff even though I live at home. Really? I should be so incredibly grateful that I have jobs so that I can provide for myself. Plus, it really is a good money management learning experience. Reason #2 why I felt ungrateful: She sits at home having a hard time finding things to do. Me? Sometimes I complain about being so busy, and I just to sit at home. Lazy? Very much so. I need to be grateful that God has provided work for me, and I need to find fulfillment and purpose in that job, because I am a steward of it. I have so much opportunity there, and so much more than if I was at home doing nothing. So I am grateful. Sometimes God just has to put that thought into your head that you have nothing to complain about, and everything you are complaining about, you need to me thankful for. I wonder how many other times I complain about things, and they are actually things I need to be grateful for. Definitely something I’m going to have to work on. So if you remember, pray for my friend. She is ambitious and wants to use the talents God has given her. Pray that she can have patience and trust in God’s timing.

A few quotes that I pray can encourage her during this time.

God aims to exalt Himself by working for those who wait for Him.
-John Piper

God meets daily needs daily. Not weekly or annually. He will give you what you need when it is needed.
-Max Lucado

A season of suffering is a small assignment when compared to the reward. Rather than begrudge your problem, explore it. Ponder it. And most of all use it. Use it to the glory of God.
-Max Lucado

So to you my friend: I can’t wait to see how much God blesses you after you patiently wait on His will and timing. And in the mean time, know that I am praying for you often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment