Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dangerous {Book Review}


*I received this book from Bethany House Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Programs*

This fictional book by Caleb Bislow is a phenomenal book. When I first received it I didn't know who well I would like. I prefer non-fiction books rather than fiction. I seem to have a hard time getting into fictional books. This one was amazing though. It challenged me in so many ways. Basically, Caleb, knew at a pretty young age that he was called to go to places no one else would go to. He would minister to people who had never even heard of God. When he married, his wife knew that her husband would be gone a lot, and be in very dangerous situations. Caleb challenged me in so many ways, I barely know where to begin! He is so in tune with the Spirit, and knows exactly where God is calling him to go. It is true as Christians in America, that we are afraid to step out of our comfort zone and minister to those who are unsaved. Even in our own little worlds we are afraid. Caleb would have visions about a certain person in another country, and then when he would visit there, he would actually find that person. It makes me realize how powerful the Spirit really is, and often times we don't utilize this amazing gift from God. One of the most convicting sentences of the whole book is this, "Some of us in ministry will have resumes full of what we did for God, but I would rather have a resume full of what God did through me." I would recommend this to anyone who feels they are living too comfortably. It will probably make you more aware of opportunities right in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment