Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Little Things That Make Up Summer

I decided this week that it is the little things in summer that make it so enjoyable. Yeah vacations are fun and all, but I realized that I just enjoy the little things. I kind of forget home much I like summer until it's actually here. Here's my list of the little things in summer.
In no particular order.
1. A bowl of strawberry shortcake on the front porch. Doesn't get much better than that when you need some downtime after a long day at work.
2. A cool dip in the neighbor's pool. It's so fun taking the girls over to Ben and Hannah Martin's pool to swim. Especially when their kids are out swimming too.
3. The Polar Bear. In my opinion, the most amazing ice cream ever. I might be a little biased considering it is in Princeville, but other than that it is an awesome treat after church. I almost always see old classmates or teachers there, so it's pretty fun.
4. The grass between my toes:) Who doesn't love being bare-foot outside?
5. The gorgeous sunsets. This year has been pretty amazing so far, and I just love watching them. One of my favorite parts of summer by far.
6. The cool breeze. I love it. I guess this summer I have just noticed it a lot. I just sit outside, close my eyes, and let the breeze blow over my face. It's so peaceful!
7. It's grilling season! I love a good hamburger every now and then. Grilled chicken is pretty tasty too:) Not so much of a steak fan though.
8. Fresh produce. The best time to eat it is summer. We are getting to the end of strawberry season, and have had TONS! Which is pretty delicious, because Mom makes pie, and let's us have dessert every night:) I can't wait until the green beans are ready. They are so delicious when they are fresh.
9. Going to bed stress-free because of no homework. Seriously, it's an amazing feeling. This summer especially.
10. Time spent with my younger sisters. I love it. Wether it's racing Sophie out to the mailbox or jumping on the trampoline with Tessa, summer is a great season to bond with the younger ones. And then coming in and reading them 5 books. I think I cherish the time with them a lot more than I did before, because I'm gone from work all the time. Oh how I love them:)
11. Planting season. I love seeing all the tractors/sprayers out in the fields. It makes me appreciate all the hard work my dad does for our family. (And, I know the farmers are happy when they are in their tractors)
12. Building stronger relationships with friends. We don't have to worry about getting home early for school the next day, or being busy because of school activities. I'm hoping this summer to develop deeper friendships with existing friends, and challenging each other to grow stronger in our relationship with Christ.
And there are many other small things, but it would take too long to write them all. Hope you all our enjoying the little things too.
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
II Peter 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment