Monday, June 3, 2013

Sleepless Night

Here's a summary of my Sunday night. Keep in mind I had to open this morning at 7:15. We had the Schumacher's over for what was suppose to be a picninc, but ended up an inside deal. We at supper and played games. Quality family time at it's best. They left pretty late, which was fine, because it is summer. Although I think Seth and Brooke had to get up pretty early to work, as did I. Recently, Sophie gave her passy over to baby Josie. On top of that, she has learned how to climb out of her crib. It's a formula for disaster. Mom and Dad lock their bedroom door now, so she can't get in. I woke up Saturday night at 2, because she came downstairs crying. Other than that one time, she seemed to be doing good. Until last night. She was completely wound up. Probably from all the airheads Tessa collected from the lunch tables, and from making her rounds to all the candy men at church. Anyways, back to the story. It's near 12 in the morning, and she decides she wants to sleep with Rhea. So Rhea preps her bed, making it safe for Sophie to sleep in. All seemed to be going well. Then my bed started shaking. I sort of got scared. Then a little head popped up over the bed. She was just coming to say hi. So I told her she needs to stay in one bed, but she informed me, "No, two beds." Whatever, she obviously didn't understand what I was saying, or she was just acting dumb. She decided to go to Claire's room. I thought to my self, "Good, maybe Claire can get her to stay in bed." Nope. Next thing you know, she pops up again, "Hi, Nene." Then she's off again. Next thing you know I hear this rolling and then bounce. Then 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on. She's rolling large bouncy balls down the stair railing. And then jumps down the stairs to retreive the ball, but she must loudly count each stair. The game goes on for several minutes. Then, my bed starts shaking again. This time she brings a bouncy ball to me. She wants to play catch at 12:40. So she throws it to me, but I don't catch it. She find delight in making me hide under my covers. For those of you who have never been it by a bouncy ball, they hurt, even if it is a 2 year old throwing it. Things got boring, because I wouldn't play with her, so down she goes. Next thing you know, my lamp goes on, and my night-light(yes that's right) goes off. Then the lamp goes off and the night-light back on. After awhile, she heads back upstairs. I heard her crying, so she must have had to go to bed. Today I am running on less than 5 hours of sleep. Tonight is the first night of VBS and I'm not sure if I will be able to handle all the energy:) Tessa is so excited for VBS, she has had her outfit for tonight picked out since Saturday. I'm not sure if I would be that excited for my older sister to teach me VBS, but I won't complain:) It's going to be a crazy week between work and VBS four nights this week. It's going to be busy, but that's just how I like it(except when I don't). Plane tickets to Oregon are bought for Labor Day weekend. There is 8 from Princeville/Bradford going and 2 from other churchs also riding with us. I think that all of us are pretty excited! Michigan is in only a few weeks, and there are baptisms in Oakville this weekend that I am going to. This summer is turning out a lot busier than I expected. Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer also!

No comments:

Post a Comment