Thursday, January 3, 2013

and the new year is here

It amazes me every New Year's eve how fast the year goes by and they aren't slowing down any as I get older. One thing we can always count on though is God's grace. He is never changing, and is slow-paced. He doesn't rush us, in fact, He slows us down. And makes sure we know what is important in life. How great and merciful is OUR God! It's crazy how fast this week is going. On Friday night, we had nothing on with the Young Group, so Amber and I had a little girls night together. It was really fun, and it's not often that we get to do that, so I was thankful it worked out. On Saturday morning, she had me pick out her rehearsal dinner outfit for her sister Ashley's wedding this Saturday. Then, we hit the new mall for a few hours. She had her family Christmas, so I headed home, and just hung out with the family. It seems that I have been doing that a lot lately:) On Sunday, my family went to Bradford to visit, but I stayed in Princeville. I have been enjoying not visiting other churches for a while. In the summer, I was constantly away from Princeville, and it really makes you realize how much you miss your church family when you aren't home! On Monday, it was kind of a lazy day. I was suppose to work, but one of my co-workers wanted the hours, so I let her have them, which was fine by me since it was only 3 hours. I did do a little bit of crafting. I probably spend too much time on Pinterest. I showed my dad and he said, "very pintersting." Oh brother, sometimes his puns are too much for me:) Monday evening, I went to church in Princeville, while the rest of my family went to Fairbury. They were invited there by some couples for New Year's Eve. Rhea went to the Schick's after church and I went to Sandi Joos's for a singing. I ended up going home at around 11:50, because I figured no one would be on the road at that time, and I was right:) On Tuesday, I did my laundry. It's a whole day process for me, so I felt accomplished! On Wednesday(yesterday), I worked for 2:00-6:00. I made a New Year's resolution to re-learn stuff I use to know or haven't done in a while. Two things I thought of off the top of my head was playing the dulcimer and crocheting. So, before work, I ran into Kidder Music to get my dulcimer re-strung. After work, I ran into Gordman's, because I bought this new perfume, and it suddenly would end up in the bathroom. Claire was stealing it, so she gave me money so I could buy the exact same kind. If you know Claire at all, she is known for not being able to make decisions on her own. For example, when we are at a restaurant, she lets someone else order first and then says, "I'll have the same thing." So, she basically is a copy-catter:) After Gordman's, I went to Michael's and picked up some yarn and a bigger crocheting hook. The yarn was 50% off so I was super excited. Then, I walked right over to David's Bridal and met Ashley Herrmann there. I am in her wedding which is April 21st. She had a few dresses for me to try one and then a few for herself. It was pretty fun, but we didn't end up getting anything. Today, I worked from 11:30-5:00. Then I came home and crocheted. I finished crocheting a scarf for myself, and it turned out pretty well. I am now going to go through my closet and pick out a whole bunch of clothes, because tomorrow, I have a styled photo shoot with Kaylie Stahl. She is the photographer and I and 2 other girls are the models, although she did tell me to bring my camera also, so maybe I will update my photography blog soon. I am super excited for that! It's a pretty laid back week this week, for which I am very thankful. May you all have a peaceful week this week and I'll talk to you on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment