Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happenings....

I realized that I hadn't blogged for a couple of weeks, so here is a shortened version of what's been happening in my life recently. I have been keeping fairly busy with school, only a few more weeks until this semester is over! I can hardly believe it, I guess time flies when you are having fun:) It really has been fun, I enjoy it so much. I have great friends at ICC, which makes it 10 times better. I also have enjoyed going to Wednesday night rotations with the ICC young group. Sophie is growing up so fast it's scary! She is really learning how to talk. Some of her cute sayings lately is we ask her who's cute and she replies "ME!" Of course she learned that on her own:) When I tell her that she is a meanie she just says "No, Nene(Lynelle) memie. Work is pretty much the same. I work only until noon on tuesdays, which is really nice, because I can come home and play with Sophie or do laundry. Today was my laundry day, and let me tell you it is quite a chore. I have to do my own laundry so I usually procrastinate and it sits in my closet for about a month until it drives me nuts enough to do it. I always feel so great after it's done though. It is pretty hard to do laundry and stuff like that, because I am never home. I guess I have to get use to adult life, like the girl who came into the bank today. She came in and said, "I'm trying to get use to the adult life, and I don't know how to cash a check so you will have to show me." I guess we all have things to learn about the adult life. Speaking of adult life, my birthday was November 3rd, and I celebrated it in Chicago with Amber Ehnle and Emmy Grant. We stayed at Emmy's sister and brother-in-laws. We went to the Art Institute(Amber got extra-credit for going there),  then for lunch we ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and lastly we shopped on Michigan Avenue. It was an awesome way to spend my birthday. This last weekend, I was in Washington for an invite. It was small, but I like it that way, since I usually get drained when there is an over abundance of people. I stayed at someone's house who was 12 and I was the oldest one there. There were 2 others who stayed there too. I decided that I have a greater respect for the older ones in the single group:) Well, I had better sign off, I here Dad praying upstairs, which means I missed supper. Have a blessed rest of your week, and shine the light of Jesus!
O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment