Sunday, November 18, 2012

a good, good weekend

Well, this week was calm for the most part. Wednesday night we had ICC church rotation in Eureka. It was a good turn out, and I think everyone that went felt it was a blessing. After church we went to someone's shed(it was heated and had a living area in it). Some of us girls went upstairs and played dutch blitz. I heard some music, and went down to check it out. Some of the brothers were playing guitars, mandolins, and banjos. Us girls all decided we wanted to go down and listen so we piled down into the living room and listened someone suggested we sing. It was a great singing and the instruments really made it sound awesome. On Thursday I worked, then came home and did some cleaning, etc. Thursday night we had our Single Sisters Bible Study at Jim and Marlene's. It was on True Worship, and it really was an uplifting/convicting evening. I always enjoy our Bible Studies. It's always a good way to get to know people on a different level. Friday, I had school, came home after school to clean, went to work after an hour, worked until 5, came home and cleaned for an hour, and then the people started coming. We had a supper and singing at our house. It was a soup supper and I think people really enjoyed it. We had a pretty good turn our, and I think everyone was glad they came. Saturday I had good intentions of sleeping in, since most days I wake up at 5:30. Anyways I woke up at 9, which was really early for most people in this house. I realized I just can't sleep in anymore. My mom said I'm growing up;) I just sat around and did nothing until 12:15. At 12:15, I drove over to Panera to eat lunch and study with Heidi Bradle. It was delicious, but I'm not sure how much studying we got done:) We are both in the same Earth Science class AND lab! We have gotten super close, since we really didn't know each other very well before having a class together. We studied until 3:15, then headed to Berean Bookstore and just browsed awhile. We then went to Starbucks to grab some free coffee:) She had a gift card from her mom and they have this deal between 2-5 that if you buy one of their holiday drinks, you get one free, so of course we skidded in at 5. I picked up Claire at Grand Prairie and headed home. We had memorandum at 7. John Wiegand from Silverton, OR was here to assist Jim. One topic I really thought about a lot was Spiritual Responsibility in the Home. I thought about what my job was and the Spirit really convicted me that I need to let my family members and others how much I appreciate them. So, when we got home, I wrote notes to everyone in my family letting them know why I appreciate them and encouraged them to continue using the gifts they have. I really prayed that they would know and feel they were appreciated and at breakfast when the opened them, I could tell that they really liked the notes. I really need to try harder at doing that for my friends as well. We always assume people know they are appreciated. Today, John Wiegand was in church so he had the morning service and Jim had the afternoon service. In a few minutes we will be heading up to my Grandpa and Grandma Endress's for my cousins Autumns 1st birthday. Oh and did I mention I am going to be a cousin 2 times over in May. Ben and Katie and Steve and Betsy are both expecting. This will make 26 grandkids with me being the oldest. It's pretty crazy! Tomorrow I have school and my last class is canceled so I will be meeting Ashley Herrmann for lunch at Chiles. This week is going to be pretty crazy, but I am looking forward to it. May you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember all that God has blessed you with!

No comments:

Post a Comment