Tuesday, September 23, 2014

seasons


Today as I was driving home I noticed that some of the trees are changing colors already which is a sure sign of fall coming upon us quickly. As I looked at them I realized that I had not noticed them slowly changing which made me think of how change is in our lives. Isn’t it the same way? Change doesn’t just hit us straight in the chest. It’s something that comes on slowly and naturally(at least most of the time). We don’t even seem to notice it happening! I am most definitely not the same person I was a year ago or for sure not two years ago! You graduate from high school, friends get married, you start college, you get a job, friends start having children, you quit college, you start working again, you make new friends, more friends get married, your sister graduates from high school, your baby sister turns 3. Crazy. And that is life. Life happens and we don’t even notice it most of the time. I’m a person who likes to think about the future. I don’t necessarily fret about it, but I think about how I will react when certain situations arise. It’s crazy because I mentally prepare myself for these situations, but what I’m not prepared for is when they come, and then they completely catch me off guard and I react completely different than what I think I would have reacted, most of the time it’s better than what I thought I would have reacted. That’s where I feel God’s grace most. Some situations I dreaded, some I anticipated, but all have not and are not happening like I imagined and that’s how life is. It throws you some loops you weren’t expecting, but you know what, I love that. I love that God knows what He’s doing. I love that I don’t know when God is going to throw something in my path, because I grow so much by not knowing the future. My dependence on him grows more and more as things don’t go the way I planned. Now you might be expecting me to announce some big change in my life when in fact my life is not too exciting as of the moment. The biggest changes in my life currently is a new co-worker, a friend getting married and moving to Oregon, changing friendships, and most recently a blog revamp(seemed an appropriate time to do so. Haha) I’m just kidding, the blog really isn’t that life changing to me. But I have considered discontinuing my blog, but as I mentioned it to several friends they discouraged me. I do have quite a few friends from all over who I really don’t see often so you people are the ones who have made me decide to keep my blog. I can’t promise a lot of posts though. About my new co-worker. I really feel embarrassed to even write about this, but I can’t pretend  I always have it all together right? It’s really not a big deal, but recently one of my other co-workers was offered a job out in Speer, which is closer to her house, so she took it. We are going to really miss her Peoria! So they hired a new girl, who seems super sweet and friendly, and I’m sure she will do great. This is her first week at the bank. She is probably only several years older than me and that’s what intimidates me most. I’ve been at the bank for 2 years now(Crazy it’s been that long already!) and I’ve been the youngest one there by 20 years. Big age gap, but I like it that way. My co-workers think I’m the funny one, the one who dresses so cute, the one who gets teased the most. You get it, it’s like having a whole bunch of older sisters. So now there is a new girl, and I am afraid my co-workers will like her better, and the customers will like her better. Is it my pride? Absolutely. Am I getting replaced? Absolutely not. I’ve really had to pray for an attitude change towards her. So all these crazy thoughts were coming to me, and then there she was on Monday, and you know what? It’s going to be fine. It feels more natural than what I expected. That’s how life works. And so that’s my soap box for the month. But since this post is obviously on changes and seasons, let my proclaim my love for fall(I do this every year right?) Anyways I do love fall. Best season of the year by far, and of course it never is long enough. One of my favorite parts of fall is harvest. I get all giddy, which is quite hilarious. Today was the first day for many farmers I think, because there was a lot more corn and beans down when I got home today than when I left this morning. As I was driving home, I had my windows down, so I could smell the freshly picked corn and hear the whirring of the combines and I may have done a slight happy dance in the drivers seat. I was quite disappointed when my dad came in at 8 tonight, because I was not able to go out and ride with him. Oh well, there are more days to come I suppose. One of my favorite parts of harvest is watching my dad. Harvest time is when my dad is in his prime. I mean, seriously, talk about being on cloud nine. He’s absolutely hilarious all the time during harvest, and he is always, always happy. It’s so funny. It just makes the rest of us all happy and excited. I love that my little sisters want to ride with Grandpa or Dad! Another favorite part of fall is the clothes. I love layers. You can layer everything! And fall is the perfect time for snuggling (since when did I become a snuggler?) Everything pumpkin is another plus about fall. I was getting in the pumpkin mood at about the middle of August. Of course my birthday is in fall, and we all know I still get really excited about my birthday. When people ask my age I tell them, “Well, I’m almost 21” My birthday’s still over a month away, but I get all excited about being another year older, I don’t know why. You know, I don’t even care if I don’t get anything for my birthday (Ok I might be a little disappointed) it’s just the thought this is a day that is special to just you. No one else. We are hosting the first wiener roast of the season this Sunday. I’m so excited for it and I think everyone else is too! It’s an invite a friend(s) wiener roast and it’s going to be a huge turn out. We are planning for over 60 which is crazy! And then we have a wiener roast approximately every weekend in October. I seriously can’t get over how busy our Young Group is this fall, it’s absolutely nuts! This past weekend, we were in Goodfield for an invite, and then next weekend I’ll be in Bradford for a Endress family and Hartman family get together, the next weekend is Brice and Alisha’s wedding in Princeville(thank goodness I’ll be in Princeville one Sunday), the next weekend I’m going to Morris North for an invite, and the next Sunday I am going to Belvedere for Charity’s baptisms. That’s just October’s schedule, who knows what November will be like. So if I am absent from the blogging world for awhile, you will know why. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Apparently the activities I’ve been doing haven’t been picture worthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment