Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall....it's finally here!

Fall is my favorite season hands down. Nothing beats cool weather, sweatshirts, tights and boots, s'mores, campfires, pumpkin everything, and the list could go on and on. Another reason I love fall, is well, because it means my birthday is coming up. I'm sure there will come a day when I dread being another year old, but for now I enjoy the anticipation of a birthday coming up:) I always try to rush fall by dressing in cooler clothing. For example: We had a teller meeting last night. I wore boots and tights. My co-worker? She was still in sandals. It's actually the awkward season right now in my opinion. Like you don't know what to wear! Dad started harvesting and I love it. The smell of bean dust. The whir of the combine unloading. It's so wonderful. My dad is always happiest when he is in the combine. I love that my dad loves farming. It's so nice seeing him enjoying his work while providing for the family. I would not necessarily call myself a farm girl, but I do love the farm. This afternoon, Sophie and I had a fall kind of fun afternoon. One of our apple trees had apples ready, so we picked them. It was fun. The total yield was.....11 apples:) They keep producing more and more each year. So I had to take some pictures of course. Mostly because I'm trying to learn my camera better and my editing software. After picking apples, we went inside and packed sack lunches and then ate lunch with dad in the combine. It was such a great afternoon. So here's the pictures I took. Hope you enjoy them and this Fall season!
 Our woppin' 11 apples.
 They looked and tasted delicious
 Look at those little hands. Perfect size for holding an apple:)
 The pumpkins are finally ready to be set out too!
 I found this quote and added it to this picture of my grandpa cutting beans. I thought it did a good job of showing the heart of a farmer.
 Reaching high to get an apple
 With the prized first apple. The tree looks really loaded doesn't it;)
And then of course her labors were rewarded by some swinging...
...and cookies too.


And now I am really in the mood for Fall, so bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment