Tuesday, March 5, 2013

And another week is here

Where should I start? It's been a crazy week. Crazy is a nice way of putting it. I actually had kind of a bad week. Saturday was Shawn and Tanya's wedding. It was really nice. Of course our family sat in the second row. Doesn't everyone want a family of 8 in the second row of their wedding? Not sure how Sophie was able to behave that whole time. Sunday was pretty normal, I think. I'm having a hard time remembering back that far. Basically every day last week, our systems were down. It's a tradgedy I tell you. Having to write everying out and then you can't process it. If you balance, you do a little victory jig. Thursday was the worst day ever. I wasn't having a good day in the first place, and for the most part, I am pretty positive and have almost all good days. So it's probably just because I started the day off on the wrong foot. I went into work at 12. My boss told me not to get my drawer out, because the systems and getting another drawer involved isn't very smart. So basically I didn't do much of anything until 4 when the 3rd teller left. Then it was a mad house. Our system would come back up so we would rush and try to process some transactions. Then they would go down, and then come back up. It was crazy. Brianna texted me and asked if I wanted to go to Goodfield to pack for Mexico. So I decided to. There was probably less than 10 people that went. Afterwards, Ryan treated us to ice cream. I kind of like Ashley's choice of husband:) Friday was pretty normal. We didn't have anything on the calendar, so we had a "bonding" night. There were about 17 of us girls from Princeville that went to Schicks, and we decided not to play games or anything. Just talk spiritually and grow closer to each other and to Christ. We talked for at least 2 hours straight and then eventually some people left and we talked in smaller groups. It was really encouraging. We also had a praise singing around the piano. It was so beautiful. Saturday, Rhea and Claire had solo and ensemble at Knoxville High School. My mom went with them and after they were done, Claire, Mom, and Dad left for Latty, Ohio for a bible class invite. So we had the kids. Rhea really wasn't home much Saturday, so I babysat most of the day. We had Ashley's Sisters Supper on Saturday night, so a babysitter came, for which I was very thankful. Sunday I was really debating whether or not to go to Cissna Park for Pack the Pews. I decided against after I woke up at 6 a.m.:) My bed was feeling pretty good that early in the morning. After church, I put Sophie down for a nap and then Hannah, Libby, and Peyton Martin came over. They got all packed up and then headed to the Murphy Farm to go sledding. The Murphy Farm is owned by the Hoerr family. I stayed home, though not as willing as I should have been. I told Rhea to have everyone home by 5 for supper. So i kept busy by making 2 pans of Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, cutting fresh fruit, and making a pizza cookie. All the food was ready by 5, but apparently they were not. Rhea got stuck while trying to get out, which caused them to not get back until 6:30. The food was pretty much cold by then, but I did heat some of it back up. They scarfed it down like they hadn't eaten for days! I made too much, but I was planning on 3 extra, which decided last minute not to come. Mom, Dad, and Claire got home at around 10:30. I played Apples to Apples Junior with Tessa and Cassie before bed. Most of the time I had to read Tessa's cards to her and then she would pick one. I was the "judge" and the word was serious. I read Tessa's off to her and she was like, "oh, oh computer. It would be verrry serious if your computer didn't work." I got a kick out of that. She obviously is growing up in a very technological world. Monday I had class, and work. After work I did a little shopping and then met Amber and Jaylyn at Goodwill. They were buying clothes for the ICC mission trip to Alabama next week. I'm so bummed I can't go, but I am already taking off work for our family vacation at the end of March to Texas and then in July for about 10 days. We then all went to the home to sing. It was pretty slim between the residents and the singers. Afterwards we went to Sweet CeCe's. For those of you who don't know what Sweet CeCe's is, it is a frozen yogurt place. Really good:) We had quite the adventure getting there, because Jaylyn is kind of a fast driver. But, we got there safely. I had Mango Sorbet with fresh strawberries. Delicious:) Today I had class, but the rest of the day off. I just looove Tuesday afternoons. Cassie and Tessa had a snow day today, so they were home. The rest of this week is pretty normal, and I don't plan on doing anything out of the ordinary. I'm glad for that, since I kind of had a rough week last week. Next week is my spring break, so I'm pretty excited for that. I have to work most  days, although I get the mornings off. I'm excited to sleep in. We'll see if that happens. Usually what happens when I try to sleep in is that I wake up to Sophie in my face. To be completely honest, I don't really mind it:) She may or may not have me wrapped around her finger. You make the judgement:) She climbs all the way up to the top of my bunk bed and says "Hi NeNe." She is learning so much, and it is so fun watching her learn new things. I have people in church say that they heard she can count to 40. And yes, it's true. She's pretty smart. She can sing her ABC's and recognizes the letter "O". Whenever I am on my phone, she will sit there and say "I pusha O" and then pushes the O like 500 times. I think she must have learned it for a Vtech book we have. You can push the letters and it says what it is. She just cracks me up so much. Her newest obsession is Fancy Nancy. If you have never read a Fancy Nancy book, I'm sorry. Tessa loves them too, and we have checked every single Fancy Nancy book out at the Library at least 5 times. We recently checked one out that is new. Basically, Fancy Nancy is a little girl, who absolutely loves fancy things, but by fate she was born into a plain family. She loves french things, and long words. It's pretty funny, because she is so dramatic. It's no wonder my sisters love her! Anyways, Sophie always wants me to read Nancy Nancy as she calls her. But her favorite character is Fancy Nancy's little sister JoJo. I think she just likes saying the name, but she always points her out. Tonight I pulled Tessa's flower girl dress from my cousins wedding 4 years ago, and showed Sophie. She immediately said Nancy Nancy, and then wanted to try it on. She ran around the house with it on for awhile, and was so proud of it. I kept her Sunday morning in church, and I had packed a stuffed dog and cat in her bag. She would trade them with me, and then eventually she took both of them and made them kiss very loudly. I heard a few snickers, and was a bit embarrassed. She also is really showing off a lot now. Especially around Rhea and I's friends. She really like Lisa Martin. A few weeks ago, we had a Family Hymn Sing and Sophie was sitting with us and Lisa. Lisa kept pretending that she was holding an imaginary kitty and she would let Sophie hold it and pet it and then say put it away, and Sophie would pretend to put it in her pocket. That went on for awhile, and she still does it when you bring it up. Way to introduce imaginary friends Lisa! And to think I was embarrassed when she was born! Enough with bragging about Sophie though, there are other members of this family too if you were wondering. I have really learned to enjoy the blessing of family, and living at home. I have never thought that I would enjoy it as much as I do, but I love living at home! It's never boring here as you can imagine, and if I lived away from home, who would I play with?:) My mom and I were reminiscing of the "old days" at lunch today, and she told me that it took me a long time to grow up and not be a kid anymore. I may make wiser decisions today, but I realized that I am still a kid at heart and love to play with my younger sisters. I think it keeps me sane since I work with adults the whole day. Isn't it usually the other way around? Obviously, Child Development is the career for me:) Well, I best get going, and do something productive today. So thankful that this week started off right, and I hope all of your weeks are going well also.

No comments:

Post a Comment