Sunday, October 21, 2012

Going, Going, Going....

It's been a pretty crazy end of the week, so forgive me not blogging for a couple of days. Wednesday was pretty normal. Nothing very exciting happened that day. Thursday I had some heart tests done at OSF. I actually was going to have 3 tests done, but my Mom didn't think the X-ray was necessary. I had an Echocardiogram, and Pulmonary Functioning test. We think it's nothing, but my doctor told me to have them. The nurse that did my echo was a mom of one of Rhea's classmates. The nurse prepping the room was a sister from our church and the man who did my Pulmonary functioning test was someone we have known for a long time. His wife was in my mom's wedding, and they have a daughter that is a year older than me. Their kids also go to Heartland with my sisters. I was pretty embarrassed, because of all the people that work at OSF, it had to be people I knew that did my tests. After the tests, my mom took me to Baskin Robins:) It was sooo yummy. Then we went to The Baby Shop, which is an old house that has tons of second hand baby clothes, carseats, bouncy seats, etc. We didn't find anything, so we went to Goodwill where I found a skirt for work and a cute shirt. I usually don't shop at second hand stores because I like my clothes to be brand new. I may have changed my mind now:) We also went to Wannabes, which is also a second hand store for nicer, higher end clothing. On Friday, I had class, and then worked from 2-6. After that, I rushed to Brianna Streitmatter's for Elderly Singing. We stayed later than everyone else and played volleyball in their shed....with our skirts on:) We always make jokes about all the things you can do in a skirt. When I went to Michigan this summer, we tubed in long jean skirts to say that we did. On Saturday, I went to College Weekend with Tonya Martin in Bloomington. I will write about some things I learned from it later. We stayed until about 4:35ish and headed to Ryan Stoller's for a wiener roast. We got there an hour late, but it was still good to be there. We had a very long hayrack ride:) When I got home from that, my mom had put a whole bunch of stuff from my Great-Grandma's in my room. She recently moved to a nursing home, so they were cleaning out her house. I got an awesome chair that I can use for photography, 2 afghans, some old wooden blocks, old hangers, and an old brush and mirror set. Oh, and a toaster for when I move out:) Today, was a pretty small Sunday, which was nice, and now I am waiting for Sophie to wake up. My family went to hiking, and left me with Sophie. The Young Group is going to Ben and Hannah Martin's for a wiener roast tonight, so I am taking Sophie along. She is becoming a regular at Young Group events. I always complain about taking her places, because no one else has to haul their younger siblings around, but it's never as bad as I make it out to be. Well, I can't think of much else to write about, so everyone have a wonderful week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment