Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dreams

If you know me well, you probably have heard some of my many crazy dreams. A lot of times I wonder where in the world they come from. Recently, I had a strange dream. I dreamed I was in my Grandpa's shed. If you have ever seen my Grandpa's shed you probably wouldn't think it was a shed. It's more like a junk yard. My Grandpa loves going to auctions and getting good deals on stuff. He will buy anything if it is cheap, even if he doesn't need it. Anyways, back to the dream. I was in the shed looking for things (he does have really cool antique things that I actually do look for). It was dark and dirty in the shed and I was stepping around stuff, but there was a whole bunch of new clothes and other things. They stood out from the darkness, because they were new and clean. My Grandpa had said I could take anything I wanted, so of course I went to take some of the clothes. When I woke up, I realized that is kind of how salvation is. The world is so dark and dirty, but in the midst of it is clean, new, and free salvation. We have a choice of what to choose. God, like my Grandpa gives us a choice. We can either take the dirty, old stuff, or the clean, new stuff. It's our choice. And even though the new stuff looks more appealing, most people still would rather have the old stuff. We must remember where we came from, but focus on where we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment