Thursday, May 3, 2012

Changes

As this school year comes to a close, many thoughts have been going through my head. I have a lot of worries about college and how different it will be than high school. I wonder if I will get a job this summer and if I will ever get my college schedule completed. It is hard to see past this mess right now, but I know that if I look up, God is always willing to give me the grace to take one day at a time. Change has always been something hard for me to deal with, because I don't like when my routine is messed up. God's grace is sufficient for me and I must always remember to ask Him for grace and daily thank Him for it.

1 comment:

  1. lynelle... I hope you don't mind if I comment on your blog again...

    I just want SO MUCH to encourage you that God's grace is SO sufficient. Change is so stressful! It's so hard to rely on Him and to trust Him. With the many changes in our lives in the last year or so, though, I have been learning that change is one of God's ways of keeping me close to Him. It's a lot easier to just rely on myself when everything is fine and predictable. But... I need to be relying on God. I can't tell you how many tears I have shed because I was trying to do things myself. I always regret it later... but at the time it seems so risky, almost, to trust in God. TRUST HIM! He will put you right where He wants you and it will be perfect because He put you there. I'm reading a book right now that reminds me that as a woman, it is ok to be vulnerable to God - I NEED God, and I need to be vulnerable to Him. Vulnerability is sometimes scary... but we are made to need Him.

    All of that said, I remember that transition from high school to college and in many ways going from college to the real world is the same thing. All I've ever known how to do is study and do homework. And somehow now they think I can teach?! :) I'll be praying for you in this transition and beyond... that you can feel God's nearness and strength. And above all, I'll be praying for His will to be done in your life, because that's the best thing anyway.

    I love you!
    hannah

    ReplyDelete