Sunday, March 18, 2012

When I Say I Am a Christian-Carol Wimmer

When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not shouting "I am saved"I'm whispering "I get lost!""That is why I chose this way.
"When I say..."I am a Christian"don't speak of this with pride.I'm confessing that I stumbleand need someone to be my guide.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not trying to be strong.I'm professing that I'm weakand pray for strength to carry on.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not bragging of success.I'm admitting I have failedand cannot ever pay the debt.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not claiming to be perfect,my flaws are too visiblebut God believes I'm worth it.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I still feel the sting of painI have my share of heartacheswhich is why I seek His name.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I do not wish to judge.I have no authority.I only know I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment